Today we’d like to talk about a subject that affects not only the translation sector, rather the entire work environment in general.
As a result of technology having entered many professional areas, it’s sometimes difficult to define the limit between work life and personal life. It is therefore essential that workers, companies and authorities implement measures to ensure that these aspects of life are properly separated, thereby promoting health and well-being.
At Siens Translation we place major importance on ensuring the right balance between the personal and professional lives of our workers, which is why we’d like to share with you some of the related measures that we currently have in place.
Here we share some of the advantages from which the entire Siens team benefits:
● Working day: at the request of the team, in July 2022 we changed our working hours so that we could end the day at 5:00 p.m.
This means that we have more personal time every evening.
● Continuous working day in summer: during the month of August, we follow a continuous working day schedule, meaning from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
As a result, we can even more fully enjoy the good summer weather.
● Hybrid model: beginning of 2020, we established a hybrid working model, in which some days we work from home and others from the office.
This model allows us to save time and money by not having to make the commute to work.
● Team building: For 2023, we have a team-building activity planned on February 17th!
These types of events foster employee motivation and improve interpersonal relationships.
● Brainstorming Thursdays: Every Thursday, the entire team meets to come up with ideas and proposals or simply to briefly discuss any news of the day. It’s a good time to do a little brainstorming or merely break up the monotony of the day-to-day work.
We get some very good ideas for improvement out of these sessions.
● Breakfast together: every Wednesday the company treats for breakfast, and the entire Siens team has breakfast together.
It allows us to get to know each other better and ensures a good work environment.
● Coffee and snacks: we also always have complimentary coffee and snacks on hand at the office.
This favours taking short breaks between tasks.
● Secret Santa: at Christmas time, we organise a voluntary Secret Santa gift exchange.
This helps encourage employee involvement and improves relations between people.
● Birthdays: the company offers birthdays as an extra holiday.
We do this because we like to give special treatment to our employees on their special day.
What are the benefits of a good work-life balance?
Improved productivity thanks to decreased work fatigue
By getting a good rest and disconnecting from the job, employees can make better decisions and work more efficiently.
Talent recruitment and better employer branding
Nowadays, money isn’t the only thing that’s important when looking for a job; many people also look at the working conditions (flexibility, schedule, extra benefits, etc.). Offering the option to balance personal and professional life helps to retain talent and helps improve a company’s image as an employer.
Reduced job dissatisfaction and improved company-employee relations
This also helps to reduce stress and burn-out.
Decreased employee turnover and absenteeism
As a result of job satisfaction and better mental health, the absenteeism rate decreases.
Bolstering of a good work atmosphere
By offering group leisure activities to employees, interpersonal relationships are improved.
Increased employee engagement and loyalty to the company
Workers who feel that their needs are being respected are more loyal to the company and are more motivated in their job.
Improved quality of life and mental health
Having the right schedule that allows people to enjoy all aspects of life without complications favours mental health.
Thanks to these measures that promote a good work-life balance, not only do employees benefit in a number of ways, companies do as well. At Siens, we’ve already seen these benefits, which is why we want to always continue looking for new ways to improve the work-life balance of our employees.